As we got into our summer routine, I really wanted to add some structure to our day and a sense of household responsibilities. I know, she's
I googled "free printable Frozen chore chart" and tons of options came up. I printed one out, laminated it, and wrote four little chores. She absolutely loves checkmarking her "jobs" at the end of the day, and it gives her a huge sense of accomplishment and self esteem.
Her chores right now are: feed puppies, pick up books, pick up toys and put dirty clothes away.
At the end of the week we will go to the Dollar Store to pick out a prize.
Another thing she has absolutely loved is helping me with my chores. Score!! I wrote a few things she can help with on index cards. She loves choosing a card then running off to help me complete it. Here are some that we do together:
- Empty trashcans - she brings the little bag from her trash downstairs before we take out the trash
- Put away laundry - she can do most of her own (some drawers I like to keep neat), as well as some of mine and David's
- Clean mirrors/windows - she does the lower parts while I reach up high
- Put away silverware - I take the tray out and she sorts into the correct compartment; she also puts away things like spatulas, whisks, and tupperware
- Laundry - she puts laundry into the washer & turns it on, moves to dryer & turns it on, then carries all of the clean laundry to the couch to be folded
She gets a huge sense of accomplishment whenever she completes a task, and it's building her self-esteem, too. She loves telling David all about the jobs she finished when he comes home in the evening.
What chores do your preschoolers like to do?