When I got an email from Birchbox letting me know they had partnered with Cosmetic Executive Women CEW for a special edition box, I ordered right away. Read on for the contents review and spoiler!
Cosmetic Executive Women is made up of 5,000 industry pros who vote on the best new products each year. They narrow it down to the top 186. This special edition box gave me samples of six of those items. You can get your special edition box here, for $18.
- It Cosmetics Brow Power Brow Pencil - I currently use a brow powder, and I found the pencil to be a little more difficult to control as far as shading goes. I do like it though and I'm sure it just takes time to learn how to apply properly, just like my brow powder.
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender - This serum promises to extend your hairstyle. I'll be taking it on our vacation next week and trying it out. We will be doing lots of walking and dining outdoors in the evening, so hopefully the extender will help my hair to stay "done" until the end of the night.
- Julep Essential Cuticle Oil - I was disappointed to receive Julep products in my box, since they have their own monthly subscription box. I sat this on the counter with my Julep hand scrub, which I have had a month and haven't used. Hopefully I'll use the cuticle oil between manicures and it will help extend them.
- Julep Nail Color in Rebecca - Come on, CEW/Birchbox. Two Julep products? I mean, you have 184 others to choose from! I'm not a fan of getting nail polishes in my monthly boxes since I hardly ever use a whole bottle. At first I didn't like this color. The only way to describe it is grey-lavender, but now it's really growing on me. I might actually use this as my vacation color instead of the hot pink I'd planned on.
- LA Fresh Oil Free Face Cleansing Wipes (2) - I'm a big fan of makeup remover wipes. I'm also taking these on vacation since I know some nights I'll be too tired to take off my makeup.
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti Aging SPF 50 - You all know how I love getting sunscreen in my boxes, I haven't had to buy any all summer. This one promises to reverse signs of aging while it protects and I'm hoping it works.
Links to Birchbox above are my affiliate links. I'd love for you to order your CEW box using them! I get a few "points" and when I collect 100 points, I get $10 off a product order.