My first thought when opening my May 2013 Birchbox was "Oh my goodness - who signed me up for the hippie mama box?" The contents seemed to be all natural and included toothpaste and green tea for goodness sakes!
I carried it home disappointed and even more disappointed because last month I received an email telling me I would be getting a special box curated by Salma Hayek.
Once I took the little card out and reviewed my Birchbox contents, though, I was a little more excited. Here's what I got:
- amika Obilphica Nourishing Hair Mask - haven't used yet but plan on trying today to start protecting from split ends since I just got a haircut yesterday
- COOLA Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face - this sunblock also has anti-aging ingredients & I do use SPF daily, so I know I'll use this one
- Marvis Classic Mint Toothpaste - really Birchbox? I know it's Italian and the best-tasting toothpaste I've ever had, but seriously. Toothpaste? In a beauty box? It doesn't have added fluoride or whitening ingredients and it's $, so I'll just enjoy this tasty sample.
- Smita Color Contrast Eyeliner - tried this out on my hand last night and liked it. It's very smooth and goes on dark. Seems to be better than my favorite YSL pencil, too.
- Runa Guayusa Tea - I rolled my eyes at this but this morning I'm drinking the Ginger Lemongrass flavor and it's pretty good. Of course I iced it and put some Splenda in (the way I always drink green tea). There were four flavors included and all of them sound nice.
Linking up with Subscription Box Share.