I can't believe we're already two weeks in to 2012. Wow, time really goes by so fast now that I'm not spending all day counting the hours until the weekend. I still look forward to the weekends because that's when I get to spend time with David and hang out as a family, but the weekdays I spend with Georgia are so fun and special.
When I think back to what I was doing this time last year, and the year before, it seems so far in the past! David and I had our first date for New Year's Eve 2003. We were so young and crazy then that it amazes me to see us with a baby. And a house! And two dogs!
Anyway, enough nostalgia. I'm really big on goals, and I'm a very action-oriented person. When I don't have something tangible to be working toward, I find myself just kind of flailing about not getting much done. Of course, the most important thing for me is to be a good mother and that's my motivation every single day.
So to keep myself motivated and accountable, I decided to share my personal goals, even though some are more of a to do list for next year. I always do 10, I have no idea why. Just sounds like a good doable number.
1. Exercise three times a week. Hopefully increase this to 5-7 by the end of the year.
2. Go to church three times per month. Start going to the Bible study for young mothers / mothers of young children.
3. Get the house organized and keep up with housework. No more frantic deep cleaning when my mom or mother in law is coming to visit!
4. Get rid of all our unwanted/unused stuff. If it's not being used, it gets sent to trash, donate, or ebay.
5. Start using coupons again when I grocery shop or go to CVS. Keep up with our budget, too!
6. Get rid of my old work and maternity clothes. (If anyone is looking for size 0-2, XS/S let me know! Otherwise they are going to ebay.)
7. Blog three times a week!
8. Hang Georgia's portraits. Have regular family photos made.
9. Finish photography course and consider enrolling in a class at Rice.
10. Spend time with friends and stay in better touch. Go to Bunco every month!!
What are your goals for this year? I'm already behind on a couple of mine!